Posted: March 24th, 2022
Please write a summary of the article in the file that has been uploaded.
To write a good summary it is important to thoroughly understand the paper. Here are
some preliminary steps in writing a summary:
• Read the paper, highlight important information and take notes.
• In your own words, write down the main points of each section.
• Write down the key support points for the main topic, but do not include minor
• Go through the process again, making changes as appropriate.
The summary should be between 600-800 words. DO NOT exceed the word limit. Your
summary should be concise and clearly written. I encourage you to outline the article
according to the bullet points below, then, think about how you are going to summarize
this information within the two-page limit.
Your summary should include the following:
• A statement of the research question posed in the article. Do not copy the
research question if it appears in the article. You should paraphrase the author’s
research question (in your own words).
• A brief motivation of why this is an interesting/important question. This means
explaining why this is a research question worth addressing, not only to other
economists, but to individuals and/or institutions in general (the government,
private business, etc.)
• A statement of the economic theory or theories used. In some economic
research, a theory is developed and then tested. This means the economic
theory referred to in the article may be something new to you.
investigates an existing theory.
• A brief descriiption of the data (and sources) used in the study.
• One or two sentences describing how the author used the data to answer the
• A statement of the results the author finds from empirical work.
• The implications of the author’s results for policy makers and/or the general
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.